Campus Experiences Assistant
Campus Experiences Assistant
The Campus Experiences Assistant provides a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to the following: assisting the Director of Campus Experiences in managing efforts of the event service & residential and commuter life teams by providing exceptional customer service, managing department accounting & contracts and audio-visual resources. Assisting with multiple departments and organizations to set up events. The Campus Experiences Assistant is responsible for the scheduling and organization of the all work study/part time employees. Lead efforts that exceed customer satisfaction and measure customer satisfaction. The Campus Experiences Assistant serves as a liaison for the university and use of Trine space usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement superior forward-thinking customer service strategies
- Manage department’s accounting and administrative needs.
- Express deal terms effectively by drafting contracts for camps, conferences, concerts and external events
- Assist with ticket sales and Front of House needs for Furth Special Events. Use AudienceView for ticket sales, refunds and accounting.
- Assist with communications for the department.
- Maintain operational procedures as necessary to ensure organized and efficient operations within the department.
- Communicate with customers, translate their wishes into a finished product for their event. Use Astra to schedule customer’s needs.
- Assisting with the coordination of rental supply vendors for events when required
- Assisting with the coordination and set up of special events, meetings and other space use, including the setting up of tables and chairs.
- Assist with the coordination of food service, media services, maintenance, housekeeping, grounds personnel, faculty, staff and students in relations to an event’s needs.
- Assist the AV Specialist as backup when needed
- Any other duties assigned as needed
Education and/or Experience
Four years Customer Service, Accounting or Sales experience or four years Office environment experience or Hospitality Field experience. Bachelor degree in business management or a like field preferred. Experience with Microsoft word, publisher and excel.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.