Campus Safety Officer
Campus Safety Officer
Location: Angola, IN
The Campus Safety Officer is responsible for the safety and security of students, visitors and employees, as well as the safety and security of the facilities. The Campus Safety Officer supports the needs of our students by being available and responsive. The Campus Safety Officer must be customer service oriented, maintain a professional appearance and maintain professional relationships with local authorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting students, visitors and staff in accordance with Trine University guidelines.
- Inform and educate students, visitors and staff within the Trine University guidelines.
- Pro-actively patrol, as a deterrent to criminal activity or violations of Trine University rules.
- Maintain high visibility during patrol.
- Look for any hazards to the safety and well-being of students, visitors or staff.
- Maintain sound public relations, in an effort to support and promote Trine University.
- Report and document accidents, incidents, and disciplinary issues as required.
- Cooperate with law enforcement authorities per Trine University guidelines.
- Carry out other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as may be assigned or directed by the Dean of Students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and previous experience required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.