Chair of Computer Science and Information Technology
Faculty Rank: Assistant / Associate Professor
The School of Computing at Trine University invites applications for a faculty position to serve as Chair of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science and Information Technology. The Department Chair must be committed to lead the computer science and information technology program with passion, vision, and enthusiasm for teaching to deliver courses while managing the undergraduate degree program.
Competitive applicants will show the promise of excellence classroom teaching and will demonstrate strong IT computing skills and teaching knowledge, as well as demonstrate evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Faculty also engage in outreach and service activities and contribute to best practices and/or education research in the discipline.
- Lead development of new programs, initiatives and curricular enhancements to meet the needs of current and future students and employees of the CSIT program.
- Maintain a two course load each semester
- Develop and maintain external relationships with employers, alumni, and other stakeholders of the CSIT program.
- Participate in marketing and recruitment efforts for the Bachelor’s and Master’s program
Education and/or Experience
Applicants must have a B.S. degree in a field related to computer science, data science, information technology, software engineering, network administration, web development or a closely related field, and a M.S. degree in a technologically related field or engineering education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references..
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.