Clinical & Administrative Assistant - PA Program
Clinical & Administrative Assistant - PA Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Clinical & Administrative Assistant requires an individual who can provide academic and professional leadership within the program, school, university, and community. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education and possess the ability to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement. He/she should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic; and possess a demonstrated capacity to lead faculty and staff. He/ she will be responsible for establishing clinical sites for the experiential phase of training and the ongoing coordination and assessment of these experiences. He/ she will participate in the ongoing program(s) accreditation process. The Clinical & Administrative Assistant will provide service to the university, community and the PA profession, while fully supporting Trine’s mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve. The Clinical & Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Clinical Education.
As Clinical Assistant:
- Assists in the design, implementation, evaluation and revision of a practice-oriented curriculum.
- Assists with the clinical phase of curriculum including student progression to graduation.
- Assists in the establishment of clinical sites for experiential phase of training.
- Interacts with faculty and clinical education faculty.
- Promotes the PA program and the PA professions to potential students and community.
- Assists with PA admission interviews
- Participates in comprehensive and ongoing accreditation processes (including self-assessment & analysis).
- Establishes collaborative relationships within the healthcare community of Fort Wayne and the region.
As Administrative Assistant:
- Coordinates the onboarding process of incoming students: including frequent communication with incoming students regarding the expected immunizations and student orientation requirements for contracted health systems associated with the program; reviewing and approving of these required documents.
- Reviews and approves annual and program required documents related to clinical education.
- Assists in the development and execution of the annual new student orientation day.
- Audits the patient logs and time sheets weekly, notifying the DCE of any discrepancies or variances.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of school events including interview days, IPE events and SAAPA events.
- Acts as a witness, as needed, for confidential discussions with students.
- Assists in developing relationships with clinical sites for student placement.
- Initiates requests for Certificates of Liability for contracts and student clinical rotations.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Education with clinical rotation preparation, including checking and maintaining site specific student requirements.
- Maintains relations with clinical sites for contract initiation or renewal, including obtaining necessary information about site, entering, maintaining and processing appropriate information into clinical education database, and staying current with any changes and updates.
- Assist with the various pieces of information (Clinical Instructor Certificates, Admission – Immunizations, etc.) to clinical sites. Consults with Director of Clinical Education to ensure accuracy.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Education with accreditation reports pertaining to clinical education, including alumni and employer surveys.
- Assists the PA faculty with editing, organizing, and archiving the Shared Drive to promote efficient and friendly use.
- Develops and coordinates the PA Program newsletter.
- Attends all PA Program and Clinical Education Program meetings.
- Creates tutorial materials for onboarding and training students in the clinical education software system.
- Other outcomes/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including data entry in spreadsheets.
- Capable of learning multiple software platforms, assisting the students in the navigation of each software system used in clinical education.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and inaccuracies in documents and processes, and make corrections as required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization; Demonstrates an ability to assess barriers to effective communication and adapt one's communication based on customer's response; Able to ask questions in a manner to draw out appropriate and needed information.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.