Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
The Director of Alumni and Parent Relations (DAPR) is charged with the creation and maintenance of pathways for engagement among alumni and parents to advance the goals of Trine University; partnering with colleagues in the Advancement Office and beyond to identify, cultivate, and engage alumni and parent leaders; serving as staff support to the Alumni Association Board and future Parents Council. This position reports to the Vice President for University Advancement. The DAPR serves as a leader in the UA division, building a sense of collegiality and a sense of coordinated functions both within and beyond the UA division.
This position is full-time equivalent with evening and weekend requirements.
- In collaboration with campus-wide colleagues, develop and implement strategic operating plans for alumni and parent programs that support the University’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership support and ensure that Alumni Association Board activities are aligned with and contribute to strategic operating plans for alumni programs and the overall strategic plans of the University.
- Recruit and work with parent leaders to establish and grow a Parents Council that engages parents in the strategic development and implementation of parent programs designed to support the overall strategic plans of the University.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Alumni Association Board and Parents Council.
- Enhance meaningful relationships between Trine University and a wide-range of alumni and parents by establishing and coordinating local, regional, and national events and programs.
- Collaborate with Communications / Marketing and Advancement Services to ensure that a systematic process exists for ongoing quality communication with alumni and parents via direct contact, email, social media, web site, and printed publications.
- Partner with Admissions to strengthen alumni involvement in the admissions process.
- Partner with Student Life and Student Activities to build a culture of engagement with students who will become alumni; develop the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni.
- Provide guidance to alumni and parent volunteers.
- Supervise the maintenance of alumni and parent content areas on Trine's website
- Over see and maintain a balanced budget for alumni and parent relations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful experience in alumni / parent relations or related fields or comparable profession.
- Proven experience in program management with track record of success.
- Goal oriented with ability to provide direction, supervision, and motivation to staff and volunteers.
- Strong oral / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong decision-making skills, ability to work with confidential information; tact and discretion are essential.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.