Director of the Annual Giving
Director of the Annual Giving
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving provides leadership for creating, executing, and evaluating a year-round comprehensive annual giving program. The Director will be responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual donors to the University. The Director will use available data and metrics to regularly analyze and enhance the current annual giving program.
- Develop and align plans and strategies to fulfill established annual giving fundraising targets though implementation and integration of all solicitation channels, including direct mail, email, crowdfunding, phone, and personal appeals.
- Responsible for identifying and deploying new tools and strategies to solicit philanthropic support.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual giving program
- Collaborate with teammates to strategically solicit donors and move donors through the donor continuum
- Develop and manage giving days in collaboration with the Director of Alumni Relations
- Establish a system of annual giving analysis focused on data and metrics
- Monitor and coordinate consultant operated phonathon
- Assist on events such as homecoming, specifically the Touchstone dinner, Scholarship Gala, Alumni and Friends Golf Outing, and other fundraising events
- Perform other appropriate duties as designated and assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Advancement
Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of, depth of experience with and proven record of successful annual giving fundraising. The candidate should have a working knowledge of annual giving tactics and strategies. S/He will be a passionate, high-energy individual with outstanding skills in data management, communication and collaboration with an active development team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two to four years of relevant experience, preferably in a higher educational setting. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.