Job Posting - Director of Clinical Education
Director of Clinical Education, Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Trine University is seeking a highly qualified and effective leader to serve as the Director of Clinical Education (DCE). The DCE is a core member of the PTA faculty with academic rank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership and oversight of the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of the clinical education component of the curriculum.
- Assessment of student learning in clinical education courses and facilitation of the collaborative evaluation of student progress in clinical education by the program faculty.
- Communication between the academic institution and affiliated clinical education sites.
- Participation in the mission of the Physical Therapist Assistant program through teaching, advising, service, and research.
Education and/or Experience
- A Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant license and eligibility for licensure in the state of Indiana
- An earned bachelor’s from an accredited university.
- A minimum of three years of full-time post-licensure clinical practice. Two years of clinical practice must include experience as a CCCE or CI in physical therapy, or minimum of two years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a physical therapy or physical therapist assistant education program.
- Effective communication and collaborative skills in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated history of successful time management and organization
- Experience with clinical education as a faculty member of an accredited PTA program,
- Master’s Degree
- APTA Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- 2 years clinical or educational experience in neuromuscular rehabilitation
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:;
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.