Director of Development
Director of Development
Trine University, the fastest growing private university in Indiana, is growing our Alumni and Development team and is seeking an experienced front line fundraiser.
The Development Director shall formulate, implement and oversee a strategic fundraising plan designed to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects, as well as current and past donors for the purpose of providing financial support for the priorities of the University.
- Plan, develop, implement, administer, evaluate and monitor an aggressive major gift fundraising program in an assigned geographical area and/or by a determined portfolio of individuals, businesses, and corporations.
- Solicit gifts of $10,000 and above (annual, major, planned) from alumni and friends of the University, with a particular emphasis on identified campaign priorities.
- Support the President, Vice President of Development, and other Advancement staff in collaboration and strategy for direct research and preparation of briefing materials, talking points and meeting strategies. As appropriate, facilitate interaction with principal prospects by the President and VP.
- Conduct appropriate fund raising activities in support of the budget and programs focused in individual donor upgrading, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Cultivate and steward present donors as well as complete discovery visits with new potential donors.
- Produce well-written, accurate, and timely follow-up and related correspondence such as comprehensive proposals, related budgets, contact reports, thank you letters, emails, and calls in support of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects.
- Maintain donor/prospect record keeping system ensuring that accurate and complete records of information and activity are prepared and maintained in Raiser’s Edge.
- Requires flexible scheduling, significant time away from the office to meet with prospective donors whether local, regional or national as assigned, periodic weekend and evening assignments, as well as activities and other duties as assigned by the President or the Vice President of Development.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Three years of experience as a front line fundraiser
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is preferred but not required
- Overnight travel is required
- Driver's license is required
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.