Director of Advancement Services
Director of Advancement Services
Responsible for directing all donor data and research support for the Office of University of Advancement. Also responsible for the creation of reports, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry and ensuring that the database effectively captures constituent and donor information. The security and integrity of the data is also of extreme importance. The applicant will need to generate accurate and timely financial and analytical reports. Management of database and donor records, matching gifts, processing and accounting of all gifts and prospect research will also be required.
- Manage Donor database – process gifts, pledges, matching gifts, gifts-in-kind, payroll deductions, pledge write-offs and reversing entries. Database updates, including online alumni updates, survey responses, and Chamber of Commerce lists.
- Assist the Gift Entry Specialist with an issues or questions during data entry.
- Coordinate the development of queries and reports to meet department needs.
- Provide instruction and support to staff in use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Facilitate systems to produce timely progress and state reports.
- Analyze and validate information received from third party screening services.
- Pulling lists and helping with mailings done by the University of Advancement.
- Participating and working at University events as requested by the University of Advancement department or other authority. Events currently include Gala, Giving Tuesday, Trine Day of Giving, Homecoming, Golf Outing in August, and Senior Salute.
- Perform other appropriate duties as designated and assigned by the Vice President for University of Advancement.
Education / Experience
- Strong customer service background
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or two to four years’ experience within Alumni and Development at another location.
- Experience at an institution of higher education supporting the alumni, development or advancement departments would be a plus.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.