Director of Housing Operations
Director of Housing Operations
The Director of Housing Operations is the chief housing officer for the university and manages all aspects of housing operations, including occupancy management, contracts, assignments, accuracy of billing, enrollment initiatives, housing policies, opening/closing processes, and all other housing operations. Additionally, this position oversees the use of StarRez housing management system and maintenance compliance with departmental business policies and processes.
- Manages the StarRez housing software management system
- Coordinates and facilitates the administration of the room/housing selection process
- Assists with department marketing including print media, web page, student handbook and social media ensuring information is timely, accurate and meets market demands.
- Establishes and maintains customer service expectations and practices among staff.
- Ensures workshops and programs are provided that foster understanding of the housing assignments process
- Processes student requests for termination of their housing contract
- Processes student requests for special housing accommodations
- Assists with campus-wide event staffing including Orientation, Move-In Weekend, Admissions Open Houses, etc.
- Performs duties related to summer conference housing operations, summer school housing, and or freshman orientation programs during the summer months
- Investigates and responds to housing concerns and complaints of students, parents, university staff members, and others in a manner that provides accurate information and fosters good public relations.
- Maintains daily office hours and projects a high degree of visibility and availability to all staff members
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a pre-professional/graduate and undergraduate education on campus experience, a valid driver’s license, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. StarRez, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar/EX, Slate, etc.). Proficiency with StarRez is preferred with advanced skills in custom reporting.
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and five or more years of successful student life or housing or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.