Job Posting - Director of Residential and Commuter Services
Director of Residential and Commuter Services
Set the tone for the implementation of a positive and engaging campus environment. Select, train and supervise undergraduate staff and manage operational functions in assigned residence halls. Coordinate administrative operations. Promote student engagment on campus in coordination with other campus departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate students working as Resident Assistants in residence halls and/or on-campus apartments.
- Coordinate and administer the overall Residential Life Program, including both student development and operations components, to maintain a safe, secure, and positive living environment.
- Recruit, select, and train Resident Directors/Assistants; evaluate staff to ensure compliance with University polices, procedures, and professional standards.
- Evaluate the performance of Resident Directors/Assistants during the yearly departmental evaluation process.
- Coordinate implementation of roommate agreement and community agreement process.
- Work with Resident Directors/Assistants to assess students' needs and interests in collaboration with Student Activities.
- Serve as primary resource for students in resolving conflicts within the residence halls (i.e. roommate conflicts and personal problems). Be cognizant of the special needs and concerns of all students, addressing their needs and concerns.
- Cultivate, coordinate, and assist in the development of student leadership and responsibility through community-building efforts and direct involvement with students.
- Maintain Resident Director/Assistant budgets and monitor expenditures. Provide leadership for Resident Director/Assistant staff in setting goals for community-building.
- Respond to all inquiries, problems, and complaints from students, staff, and parents related to the residential and commuter expereince.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from a four -year College or University.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.