Director of RN to BSN Program
Director of RN to BSN Program
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
The Trine University Director of the RN to BSN degree program requires an individual who can serve effectively as the academic and administrative officer of the program. The Director reports directly to the Dean of the Rinker-Ross School of Health Sciences and indirectly to the Assistant Vice-President for the College of Graduate and Professional Studies. The Director has the responsibility of providing leadership in academic, research and professional development activities to sustain and enhance the mission, vision, and reputation of the program.
The Director must be committed to the centrality of a Trine education and possess the energy and vision to support faculty in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, outreach, and engagement.
Specifically, the Director brings experience with and commitment to:
- Leading the development and implementation of a practice-oriented curriculum
- Promoting undergraduate nursing education
- Developing rigorous and effective online learning environments
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
- Preparing and managing program budgets
- Recruiting and retaining students in coordination with the University Admissions Office
- Providing outcomes assessment for the RN to BSN program
- Providing professional development for faculty and staff
In addition, the Director will provide the following essential duties:
- Supervise all appropriate faculty and staff within the program
- Direct the academic advising of all students within the program
- Assess the needs and coordinate the development of instructional programs and curricula within the program
- Lead and oversee the process for maintaining both HLC and program-specific accreditation
- Oversee program-specific grant proposals and administer grant funds in coordination with the Office of University Advancement
- Represent the program at appropriate academic and university committees
- Coordinate faculty recruitment efforts and recommend appointment of academic personnel
- Cultivate new and existing collaborative relationships within the healthcare and education communities of Fort Wayne and the region
It is expected that the Director will teach three credit hours per term (six credit hours per semester).
The Director will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Dean of the School of Health Sciences, Assistant Vice-President of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, and/or the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Director has at least three years of teaching experience plus three years administrative experience in higher education at the level of Department Chair or higher and holds a terminal degree in a related field. The Director presents evidence of experience in leadership and the interpersonal skills and ability to build collegiality, trust, and consensus among faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.