Director of Student Activities
Director of Student Activities
Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Director of Student Activities has administrative responsibility for providing and coordinating opportunities for leadership development. The Director works in collaboration with faculty and staff to develop a student leadership program. The incumbent serves as an advisor to the university student government and clubs to encourage the development of student groups with extracurricular and co-curricular student engagement programs, e.g. student activities, special student-led conferences, and cultural event series.
Master's Degree in College Student Development, Higher Education Administration or related field preferred; effective supervision, administrative, organization, written and oral communication skills; experience in conflict resolution, mediation, application of student development theory; excellent decision making skills. Must have ability to work autonomously and able to utilize excellent judgment. Must also have experience supervising, working with, and addressing needs of a diverse student community. Experience with computer applications is required.
The Director of Student Activities has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Plan, negotiate contracts, schedule, organize and oversee student activities and participate in Week of Welcome, Bingo for Bucks, Totally Random Events, Homecoming, Finals Week Activities, Senior Celebration, and other major campus wide events.
- Supervise hospitality student workers.
- Market all student activities, including social media, Trine University App, and TV monitors.
- Advise Inter-Fraternal Council (IFC) and Greek Leadership Council (GLC); Approve all Greek events.
- Oversee Student Government Student Activities Board.
- Approve all student organization flyers.
- Schedule and report participation in CHAT events.
- Solicit sponsors for student planner advertising.
- Oversee after-hours student activities.
- Advocate for various student needs and issues.
- Establish, maintain and support positive relationships with students.
- Plan, budget, promote and schedules all intramural events. Coordinate facility and field usage for all intramural events. Hire and oversee intramural supervisor and officials. Maintain intramural handbook.
- Purchase of equipment to Dean of Students
- Pursue professional development opportunities.
- Work with the Office of Student Services during special events, providing support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two to four years experience required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.