Director of Student Activities
Director of Student Activities
The Director of Student Activities is responsible for fostering essential social relationships and cultivating community and Trine spirit through a variety of campus extra-curricular programs including special events. Creating programs, activities, and services that advance the development of students intellectually, socially, culturally, and physically—increasing students’ satisfaction, involvement, and retention.
Excellent customer service and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that may include occasional evening and weekend work. Enthusiastic demeanor, strong communication, professionally-positive social media presence, and organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
The Director of Student Activities has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Plan and execute various student activities throughout the school year
- Administer larger student activity programs including, but not limited to, Homecoming Weekend and Final’s Week
- Administer student activities marketing platforms and social media to maximize the promotion of University events
- Serve as the coordinator of CHAT (Cultural Humanities Arts at Trine) that promote students’ all-around development and cultural awareness
- Serve on various departmental committees including, but not limited to, Storm Chasers, D3 Week, and Visit Days/Admissions
- Advise Trine’s sorority Greek organizations and the College Panhellenic Council (CPH), overseeing the planning and implementation of Sorority Formal Recruitment
- Hire, train and supervise student workers
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week and when necessary, work evenings and weekends and when activity concerns demand his/her presence
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Engagement and Vice President for Student Success and Engagement
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent higher education experience and training preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.