Director of TrineOnline Marketing
Director of TrineOnline Marketing
The Director of TrineOnline Marketing plays a key role in driving both undergraduate and graduate online enrollment. The Director of TrineOnline Marketing reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the College of Graduate and Professional Studies (TrineOnline) team.
This position is responsible for implementing several enrollment marketing efforts to attract online students, including: managing multiple communication flows and marketing campaigns for an online student audience, primarily prospective students; supporting online enrollment marketing project management responsibilities; creating captivating content for use across print, email, and web channels; and supporting enrollment marketing CRM tasks and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate for this position has project management skills, is a strong and creative writer and content creator, and is experienced in producing marketing materials for prospective online students. This is a fast-paced position that works in close collaboration with members of the TrineOnline enrollment team.
- Manage the TrineOnline website and produce webpages that enhance the user’s experience and attracts online students.
- Responsible for planning, data collection, and analytics for TrineOnline with Trine University’s external advertising company.
- Engage in frequent communication with the TrineOnline and participate in meetings as member of the TrineOnline team.
- Supervise the TrineOnline social media/marketing interns.
- Develop and manage multiple robust marketing campaigns (drip marketing) through Technolutions Slate, TrineOnline’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. Daily CRM responsibilities include querying recipient lists to tracking communication sequences for different audiences to writing and sending email communications.
- Create innovative enrollment marketing print publications, digital and web assets, recruitment videos and presentations, and marketing materials for both online undergraduate and graduate recruitment needs that inspire, engage, and inform. Lead project management efforts and work closely with Marketing and Communication graphic designers and videographers.
- Support admissions staff within TrineOnline to develop and execute marketing strategies for prospective online student conversion across the applicant life cycle, from inquiry generation through student matriculation.
- In collaboration with the TrineOnline enrollment team, execute marketing strategies to assist in achieving overall enrollment and revenue goals.
- Ensure that Enrollment Management marketing reflects and communicates the TrineOnline brand and messaging and adheres to Trine University brand standards.
- Assess Google Analytics and other measurement tools for TrineOnline.
- Work closely with external vendors, including printers and digital advertising partners.
- Works with the Assistant Vice President for TrineOnline to optimize CRM capabilities, to identifying areas to build influence and interaction.
- Participate in professional development in order to remain apprised of topics in higher education specifically in online/non-traditional marketing and enrollment.
- Create Geotargeting, IP targeting, digital lead-generation campaigns.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, or related field
- Project management and organizational skills with experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines at one time
- Strong technology and systems proficiencies
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent knowledge of communication and marketing best practices
- Experience in developing creative and compelling content for use in multiple platforms
- Experience executing marketing plans across multiple channels, including email, print, and web
- Experience working in a customer relationship management (CRM) system such as Technolutions Slate or Salesforce
- Prior marketing experience in education
- Experience using content management systems and other distribution tools, including web, email, and social media applications
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.