Director of esports
Director of esports
Support responsibilities of Athletic department by leading the esports program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all day to day related activities:
- Oversee all varsity/jv/club esports students
- Practice planning and organizing for all teams
- Foster, grow partnerships with other schools, businesses, and potential supporters of the esport program
- Set up community engagement/service initiatives (i.e. playing for Pets w/the HAC department)
- Set plan to achieve performance goals
- Oversee esports students academic performance
- Assist with team discipline as needed, foster an environment with sportsmanship and accountability
- Set up teams for league competition - Collegiate StarLeague, TESPA, NACe and all other relevant competition associations/leagues.
- Assist in team coordinator roles
- Work with Coaches on macro and micro strategy in order to compete at a high level
- Build, grow and maintain esports program - recruit 30 more students each year.
- Engage and gauge current student interest
- Identify, target and help with marketing of the esport program
- Assist with development of potential sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain fiscally responsible budgeting policies
- Handle all aspects of team with University, conference, club policies and procedures
- Lead all day to day recruiting activities
- Set recruiting strategy and plans
- Identify and recruit quality student esport students
- Coordinate admission staff assistance for recruitment of esports students
- Evaluate students game performance and award scholarships
- Arrange for on campus recruiting days/activities
- Assign recruiting territory
- Individually responsible for additional recruits
- Assist with special events of the athletic department
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; two to three years related recruitment experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge in the world of eSports and games. Collegiate eSports experienced preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.