Director of Graduate Admission
Director of Graduate Admission
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The Director of Graduate Admission has the responsibility of attracting and recruiting new qualified graduate candidates that meet the admission requirements of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies along with the development, implementation and management of specific recruitment-related programs. This position reports directly to the A.V.P. for Enrollment, but is largely self-supervising and independent as it relates to development of new programs to impact new graduate student recruitment.
The Director of Graduate Admission has primary responsibility for one-to-one recruitment of prospective graduate students in an assigned territory from inquiry to enrollment by various means, and may exercise independent discretion and judgement to accomplish these tasks. The Director of Graduate Admission assists the candidate in completing the application, and acquiring the necessary documents required for admissions into the school.
Working with the A.V.P., Dean of CGPS, and Director of the Education Center, the Director of Graduate Admission has the authority to negotiate tuition discounts, memorandums of understanding, programmatic offerings, scheduling, training and development opportunities with the leadership of regional community colleges; presidents/vice presidents/directors of human resources at corporations, manufacturing centers, small businesses, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting activities (assume a key territorial assignment, including prospective student telecounseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, inquiry and applicant follow up, etc.)
- Seeks out and participates in activities that lead to the admission of new graduate students.
- Seeks out, develops and maintains relationships with business and organizations offering tuition reimbursement.
- Community relations (builds and maintains relationships with local communities).
- Plans and implements education center graduate recruiting events (e.g. open houses, information sessions, lunch and learns)
- Provides training and support to new CGPS admission staff
- Prepare prospect file with necessary documents; i.e. applications, transcripts, financial aid and pertinent documentation
- Maintains records (Updates the Jenzabar database with appropriate information related to the status of a candidate).
- Activly participates in school’s committees
- Assumes special project assignments as assigned by AVP.
- Maintains schedules (abides by work schedule policies and maintains a daily schedule under the direction of the AVP of Enrollment)
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree from an accredited university is required. Experience in recruiting adult students preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have attended an independent, accredited college or university and have attained a degree offered by the School of Professional Studies.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.