Director of Strategic Partnerships
Director of Strategic Partnerships
The Director will be a disciplined self-starter who sets ambitious work goals and is able to work collaboratively with different groups of people, building productive professional relationships at Trine University and in the community. Well-developed critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required for this role. S/He must have solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will be a strong writer with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy. S/He will have the proven ability to secure major gifts from foundations, corporations, and individuals as well as the ability to work with and command the respect of faculty, senior leadership, and other high level stakeholders. The incumbent will have experience in negotiating foundation grants, preparing proposals and grant reports, and conducting development-related research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in and directing (when appropriate) the design and implementation of fundraising and proposal strategies from foundation and corporate prospects as well as from individual donors to generate support for Trine University priorities, including researching, interpreting and communicating donor guidelines and formulating fundraising action plans
- Drafting and tailoring foundation grant proposals, letters of inquiry and related reports to effectively communicate the strategic intent of projects in alignment with University priorities
- Serving as the prospect manager for a cohort of potential corporations and foundations, including developing relationships with key staff at those organizations and taking the lead in developing and delivering proposals to them
- Meeting with faculty, deans, senior administrators, and development colleagues to understand University priorities, goals and funding opportunities
- Collaborating with the Foundations Officer to coordinate efforts on foundation solicitation, stewardship and reporting
- Representing the Office of Alumni and Development as one of the department’s front-line fundraisers in meetings with foundation and corporate funders as well as with individual donors
- Serving as an information resource to fundraisers and faculty by interpreting and keeping current on the interests of various funders
- Preparing strategies and briefings for meetings with University leadership, faculty members, and foundation or corporate grant officers for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship interactions
- Managing and maintaining updated records to monitor the fulfillment progress of the University’s stewardship commitments and to satisfy reporting requirements of foundation funders
- Tracking all submitted grants and prospective funder contacts in the university database
- Collaborating with faculty and colleagues in the finance office to prepare budget projections and reports based on submitted and anticipated grants, including updates of revenues received
- Maintaining a portfolio of individual donors and managing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these donors
- Performing other projects and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four (4) years of related experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.