Job Posting - Director, Campus Safety
Director, Campus Safety
The Director for Campus Safety holds a managerial role in respect to campus safety and security, safety planning, crime prevention and risk management, and is responsible fore the overall administration and operation of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Excellent organizational and human relations skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that may include occasional evening and weekend work. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills a re necessary. Must be able to work under pressure.
The Director of Campus Safety has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Hire, train and schedule campus safety staff
- Supervise Campus Safety staff
- Patrol campus to ensure the security of buildings and university property
- Coordinate security and safety for all special events with the control of parking and traffic flow on campus
- Remedy problems such as rule interpretation, parking issues, student misunderstandings, loud noise and unruly conduct
- Monitor mechanical equipment, security cameras and alarms and perform minimal electrical, plumbing and mechanical tasks such as shutting off water, resetting breakers, etc.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week and when necessary, work evenings and weekends and when security concerns demand his/her presence
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent law enforcement experience and training preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.