Job Posting - Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional
Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional
The Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional is responsible for the overall administration and operation of Trine Universities Zollner golf course operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Excellent organizational and human relations skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community members, students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that may include occasional evening and weekend work. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to work under pressure.
Manages one subordinate supervisor and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and management of Zollner Golf Course. Also directly supervises 20-30 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Oversee recruitment, selection, hiring, training, scheduling and disciplinary procedures of staff
- Determine yearly operating budget and buying strategies for the entire operation
- Develop aggressive marketing plan and member benefit strategies on annual basis
- Develop /implement merchandising plan to include food and beverage. Responsible for inventory management and control
- Conduct promotion and community involvement programs in the off season and support as necessary the Golf Management Program at the university
- Co-administer junior programs
- Provide golf instruction to all ages
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A. from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience). Must also be PGA certified.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until January 15, 2018.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.