This position is responsible to ensure that the appearance of Trine Properties meet the standards established by the University and implementation of the Grounds Department Grounds Management Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the management and supervision of grounds personnel
- Responsible to assist with the ground’s management plan
- Conduct safety inspection of grounds equipment, fleet and assigned areas
- Participate in Strategic and long-range planning meetings
- Training of personnel
- Plans all weekly work, applying his or her mechanical and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and goals
- Frequently inspects equipment to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved
- Responsible for all equipment maintenance setting HOC, Welding, and General repair
- Communicates regularly with members of the top management to discuss goals, plans and future plans
- Set-ups for special events
- Perform tasks; mowing, equipment maintenance and repair, set-up of golf equipment.
- Trim or remove trees
- Remove litter from Trine Property
- Maintain shop and grounds equipment safe working condition
- Perform quality control inspections weekly of assigned area
- Provide Assistant Director with budget input for the maintenance and capital improvement of grounds properties and equipment needs
- Plan and direct plans for all snow removal in order to provide for a clean and safe campus properties for all students, faculty and staff
Preferred-Two years experience maintaining golf course, athletic field, and campus grounds.
Education and/or Experience
A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Lawn care experience preferable.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, product label instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type equipment.
- Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain a valid driver's license
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.