Graduate Academic Advisor
Graduate Academic Advisor
The Graduate Academic Advisor is responsible for advising graduate students. The Academic Advisor inspires, challenges, and motivates graduate students to successfully complete their academic and career goals. Additionally, this position assists students in planning their course of study, explains curriculum requirements, advises on graduate policies, and assists students one-on-one to provide a personalized advising approach including high retention.
This position works on-site at our Angola, Indiana campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Register graduate students through one-on-one, individualized advising.
- Engage in frequent contact with advisees until graduation to ensure student success.
- Assist students in making informed decision regarding international visa requirements.
- Evaluate student data to improve retention efforts within TrineOnline graduate programs.
- Advise students on where to find campus and program resources.
- Track and monitor student academic progress.
- Maintains confidential student records and keep detailed notes on student academic plans.
- Review academic degrees and have knowledge of all graduate program requirements.
- Recommends best practices for advising initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with student advising, counseling, and higher education.
- Experience with international relations.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.