Job Posting-IT Help Desk Specialist
IT Help Desk Specialist
This position is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University Technology customers that include students, faculty, administration, and guests. The Help Desk Specialist guides the customer regarding the use of a broad range of products, offerings, and services assuring customer satisfaction. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment providing call center services and desk side support is required. This hourly position reports to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and/or weekend work will be required and compensated. This position reports to the Help Desk Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide telephone and desk-side end user support of technologies employed at Trine University.
- Respond to and investigate Help Desk tickets, use Help Desk ticket system to document progress for work performed and communicate with customers and staff.
- Provide identification, prioritization, resolution, and follow up of problems following guidelines and procedures.
- Use communication appropriate to audience delivered in a friendly and courteous manner with consistent positive attitude.
- Responsible for daily inventory of Key Box.
- Responsible for installation, management, and training of BrightSign digital signage
- Install PC’s, printers, hardware, and software for individual users and computer labs.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with problems associated with personal owned PC hardware.
- Create end user documentation and training sessions for faculty, staff, students and guests.
- Delegate and coordinate work for student workers when necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of Help Desk best practices.
- Occasional travel to off-campus branch locations in Trine vehicle.
- Consistently provide exemplary service as measured by customer feedback and performance against service level goals.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Job Skill Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in a Technology support role.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of personal computer technologies.
- Knowledge of networking topologies, including wireless.
- Exposure to Mac workstations in a windows domain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to empathize with customers of varying technical skill levels.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field desired.
- CompTIA A+ Certification desired.
- Help Desk Institute Certification desired
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.