Job Posting -Housekeeper/Ice Tech
The general duties of the Housekeeper/ Ice Tech is to maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Ice Rink restrooms, hallways, offices, lobby, locker rooms, rink and any other areas inside and outside the building or other assigned areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, striping, and waxing of floors
- Washing windows and window sills
- Select, measure and mix products for cleaning jobs
- Clean, sanitize, and polish restrooms and their fixtures
- Clean and polish classroom and office furniture
- Remove waste and debris
- Replace light bulbs and clean fixtures
- Set up tables and chairs for special events
- Stock closets with cleaning and paper products
- Sweep and shovel walkways 10' from all entrances
- Operate Zamboni to resurface ice
- Operate floor scrubber machine
- Perform minor maintenance repairs
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Willingness to perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers, auto floor scrubbers, Zamboni and carpet cleaners; cleaning restrooms; moving heavy items such as tables and chairs and caring for all responsible equipment. Ability to perform minor maintenance.
Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Obtain safe Ice Resurfaces Operator Certificate within one year of start date.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type cleaning equipment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, product label instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.