Job Posting for a Housekeeping/Training Manager
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
Supervise, manage and direct Campus Operations departmental staff responsible for all university facilities. Coordinate and conduct safety and operations training as required.
A bachelor’s degree and two years management experience or five (5) years of housekeeping management experience.
Five years of custodial or housekeeping supervisory or management experience with strong background in leading a department of 11 or more employees. Self directed, self motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills. Computer use and familiarity with Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook required. Valid driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision of the custodial department, working three shifts
- Assist in the management and supervision of other campus operations staff
- Complete administrative duties as necessary to ensure organized and efficient operations within the department
- Develop, train and implement custodial and other work schedules as required
- Develop, test and implement new processes, green cleaning methods and or more efficient equipment
- Effectively communicate customer service requirements to staff
- Implement and maintain operational procedures and conduct inspections to maintain and improve quality standards established by the university
- Maintain custodial department supplies inventory
- Manage the care and repair of custodial cleaning equipment
- Maintain planning calendars for training and custodial department projects
- Provide operational updates to Director
- Plan and facilitate monthly campus operations safety meetings
- Interview, select and train custodial staff
- Coordinate and supervise set-ups of events
- Develop and maintain department operating budget
- Create and/or maintain MSDS manual for all chemical use
- Monitor customer satisfaction
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.