Housing Operations Coordinator
Housing Operations Coordinator
The Housing Operations Coordinator assists with coordinating all aspects of housing operations, including occupancy management, contracts, assignments, accuracy of billing, enrollment initiatives, housing policies, opening/closing processes, key management, and all other housing operations. This position coordinates the use of StarRez housing management system and maintenance compliance with departmental business policies and processes, and assists in the administration and operation of the Residence Life Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize StarRez housing software management system
- Coordinates the room/housing selection process
- Update department marketing including print media, web page, student handbook and social media ensuring information is timely, accurate and meets market demands.
- Establishes and maintains customer service expectations and practices among staff.
- Ensures workshops and programs are provided that foster understanding of the housing assignments process
- Assists with processing student requests for termination of their housing contract and meal plan changes
- Assists with processing student requests for special housing accommodations in collaboration with the Director of Accessibility Services
- Assists with campus-wide event staffing including Orientation, Move-In Weekend, Admissions Open Houses, etc.
- Performs duties related to summer conference housing operations, summer school housing, Residential Life initiatives/processes, and or freshman orientation programs during the summer months
- Investigates and responds to housing concerns and complaints of students, parents, university staff members, and others in a manner that provides accurate information and fosters good public relations.
- Maintains daily office hours and projects a high degree of visibility and availability to all staff members
- Assists the residence life staff with training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (preferred) from a four-year college or university, and successful student life or housing or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.