Human Resource / Benefit Coordinator
Human Resource / Benefit Coordinator - Part time
The HR/Benefit Coordinator will be responsible for providing human resources and benefit administration for the University. This position performs functions related to recruiting, on-boarding, benefits, and record keeping. The HR/Benefit Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers health and retirement plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists with new-hire benefit orientation
- Assists employees regarding health plan benefit claim issues and plan changes
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Assist with administration of all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA
- Assists with the administration of the tuition remission and tuition exchange benefit programs
- Coordinates internal and external benefit audits
- Audits HRIS data regularly to ensure accuracy of benefit data
- All other duties as assigned
Human Resources Administration
- Assist with the part-time new hire process of the federal work-study program and internships for the University
- Track a variety of paperwork and data in database/spreadsheets (e.g. personnel actions, hiring paperwork, annual performance evaluations, etc.)
- Assists the Director in ensuring that fair employment practices are conducted in accordance with University policies and local/state/federal government regulations
- Manages personnel benefit files
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and two (2) to four (4) years of Human Resources experience.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Experience with ADP – Workforce Now is preferred
- Commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to correspond internally and externally to a variety of individuals in a professional manner in both written and verbal formats
- Functional knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office (Excel & Word), and general computer knowledge
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.