Job Posting- Ice Arena Technician
Job Posting- Ice Arena Technician
Location: Angola, Indiana
Employee Type: Full-Time
The Thunder Ice Arena Technician must be a versatile, energetic, organized, and detail oriented team player that possesses a positive attitude and who enjoys working with people in a fun and fast-paced environment. This position requires a diverse skill set including equipment operation, mechanical aptitude, and facility repair and maintenance skills. This position requires a hands on attitude and a willingness to assist wherever is needed. This is a full time position that requires flexible work hours.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Operating and maintaining ice resurfacer
- Facilittate all ice opeations including:
- maintain entire facility and perform repairs as needed
- monitor and maintain all operating systems (HVAC, Building Dehumidification, Ammonia Refrigerant Ice Plant, Jet Ice Water Treatment System, etc.)
- regularly scheduled preventative maintenance
- maintain outstanding cleanliness of all internal and external areas of the facility (including snow removal)
- install and maintain dasher board plexi-glass
- change out components to convert to sled hockey use
- help ensure the safety of all customers and employees
- procurement of supplies and materials as needed
- assist in hiring, scheduling, train and manage part-time seasonal staff and volunteers
- maintain strong relationships with facility user groups to ensure satisfying experience
- ensure facility is open and closed at the scheduled times
- respond to customer and visitor needs in a courteous and efficient manner
- be professional, welcoming and informed on all arena activities
- operate within annual operating budget
- Willingness and ability to maintain the highest quality ice surface in the industry, including operating ice resurfacer and ice edger.
- Willingness to maintain the building and to perform preventative maintenance.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and work independently.
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of rink operations and equipment and ability to supervise and train operations staff.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED is required; Vocational-technical training a plus. Two years ice rink experience required.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.