International Admissions Assistant
International Admissions Assistant - Part Time
Monitor, complete, and process international student applications and subsequent documentation, supporting the Assistant Director of International Admissions.
Working with the international admission staff from the main Trine University campus in Angola, Indiana, the International Admissions Assistant is responsible for the collection and processing of international applications. Keeps abreast of university admission requirements as well as special requirements within individual colleges. Ensures that correct admission letter and scholarship are issued and awarded. Responds to inquiries from prospective international students and our international partners. Communicates effectively and promptly vital information to prospective students via email, phone, Skype, etc. Updates students on their status and encourages them to complete the next stage in the process. Performs additional job-related duties and responsibilities as requested.
This position is a part-time job with expectations of 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain database of applicants and process their files
- Communicate with prospective international students via telephone, e-mail, Skype, etc.
- Organize and update transcripts, scores, and other documents
- Maintain communications between Trine University and overseas partners
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, and/or the Assistant Director of International Admissions
Education and/or Experience
- Preference will be given to those who have previous experience working with international students or customers and/or in a private college/university office of admission.
- High school degree is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.