Job Posting-IT Business Application Manager
IT Business Application Manager
The IT Business Application Manager is responsible for managing the operational support, maintenance, and development activities for all Trine University business applications. The position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on technical expertise, customer service and project management. The manager is responsible for appropriate staffing, staff management, performance management, and continuous service improvement. This position reports to the Director of IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Work with University departments to identify ways to redefine and improve business processes
- Provide oversight and management to the IT Application team to deliver IT services
- Assess user needs to provide support and proactive service
- Acts as a focal point for communicating related system problems within the department and collaborates with other departments and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates
- Negotiates resolution of conflicting requirements across the agencies and/or departments
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Document and training help desk staff to provide first level business application help desk support
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to manage large multi-department projects and handle multiple tasks independently
- Strong knowledge of business application development, including SQL and Web technologies
- Knowledge and ability to direct a staff in integrating information technology services with the work requirements and deliverables
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management, etc.
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Previous ERP administration experience and managerial experience are a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-6 years of related experience or training
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.