Job Posting -MTI Building Lead
MTI Building Lead
The general duties of the Building Lead is to perform housekeeping duties that support the operation of the building. Maintain the safety and cleanliness and operation of the MTI Center or other assigned areas to university standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but not limited to the following:
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, striping and waxing of floors
- Cleaning carpets
- Washing windows and window sills
- Select, measure and mix products for cleaning jobs
- Clean, sanitize and polish restrooms, locker rooms, and their fixtures
- Clean and polish classroom, banquet and office furniture
- Remove waste and debris
- Replace light bulbs and clean fixtures
- Set up tables and chairs for special events
- Set up stage
- Snstall floor covering
- Stock closets with cleaning and paper products
- Sweep and remove snow from walkways 10’ from all entrances.
- Monitor indoor climate air handling equipment.
- Prepare area for practices and competition.
- Perform light maintenance duties; change filters, change light bulbs, ballasts, reset bowling machines. Set up and operate score board and shot clocks.
- Set up /remove of portable baskets.
- Operate bleachers and clean bleachers after each use
- Oversee housekeeper and student workers to ensure building is maintained.
- Coordinate coverage of events with coworker and student workers to cover events held in building. Maintain auto scrubbers and other housekeeping equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies required to clean, paper towels, toilet paper, can liners and other supplies needed to care for building.
- Operate floor auto scrubber machine.
- Communicate with coaches and athletic directors weekly and administrative assistant daily.
Willingness to perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers, auto floor scrubbers and carpet cleaners; cleaning restrooms; moving heavy items such as tables and chairs and caring for all responsible equipment. Ability to perform minor maintenance. Must maintain a valid drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type cleaning equipment.
While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.