Job Posting - Network and Systems Administrator
Network and System Administrator
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for providing primary technical support of Trine University’s local and wide area network. A strong background in enterprise network hardware and software technologies is required along with the ability to assist with server administration and PC support as needed. Work is performed under the general direction of the IT Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems, and escalating problems to vendors
- Provide Network Access Control administration using Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Maintain network backups using Cisco Prime and Cisco Security Manager
- Investigate and troubleshoot wireless network issues using Cisco Meraki dashboard and Ekahau
- Install and configure new network hardware, software releases, system upgrades; evaluate and install patches
- Oversee and expedite monthly maintenance for all servers and endpoints
- Monitor and maintain VMware environment through the Cisco UCS/FlexPod platform
- Verify backups and assist in maintaining disaster recovery using Quest Rapid Recovery
- Secures network as per the direction of the Information Security Officer (ISO)
- Assist ISO with identifying security issues using SIEM and vulnerability scanning tools
- Ability to work with onsite vendors troubleshooting fiber connections, fire panels, and other data networks/connections as required
- Maintain DHCP, DNS, certificate services, and load balancers
- Assist Help Desk with client support and advanced troubleshooting as needed
- Remote office support as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in systems and/or network administration supporting an enterprise level network
- Advanced knowledge of network and server hardware and software
- Experience with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, and Cisco FireSIGHT
- Experience with a variety of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop products, including SCCM and Exchange
- Experience in maintaining a VMware vSphere environment
- Able to manage large projects and handle multiple tasks independently in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University’s success through being courteous to students, faculty and staff, and by having a positive attitude and a professional appearance.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA required; Microsoft and other certifications desired
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.