Job Posting - Painter
Campus Operations - Painter
Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs safety inspections of equipment or fleet.
- Supervises seasonal personnel hired to assist with painting.
- Maintains building/room history of paint used
- Provide building mechanics with required paint for touch painting
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets) in preparation for painting.
- Performs painting services with roller, brush, sprayer to interior and exterior surfaces
- Performs services that include latex, oil, epoxy, stain and spray paints
- Performs work from the ground, step ladder, scaffold, extension ladder, scissor lift or boom lift
- Performs minor dry wall repairs
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with customer or students, faculty, staff or Administration
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
- Orders necessary maintenance materials and supplies or inventory control.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
- Employee may assist with snow removal to maintain a safe environment.
- Assist with traffic control when needed for events
- Performs tasks and leaves site clean and free of paint overspray, drips
- Maintains assigned service cart/vehicle to University Standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; ; elevated work area and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and a minimum of three years of residential or commercial related experience. Must maintain a valid drivers license.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.