Part-time Phonathon Coordinator
The Phonathon Manager is responsible for managing the telephone solicitation program for Trine University’s Annual Fund. The position plans and implements strategies to generate annual support from alumni, parents and friends through the calling program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a telephone solicitation program to generate annual support from alumni, parents and friends.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and evaluates a staff of student callers.
- Coordinates the development of scripts, training material, and calling strategies.
- Compiles and analyzes results and prepares reports.
- Completes follow-up and collection of pledges, and organizes thank you letters from student callers.
- Must be willing to make solicitation and follow-up collection calls.
- The Phonathon Manager is a team member of the Alumni & Development division of Trine University, and participates with other annual giving programs. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Candidate must have strong planning and organizational skills, positive attitude, energetic team oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an extremely strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Experience with automated calling software preferred, but not required.
Ability to be trained to use Raiser’s Edge for Windows, a fund-raising and constituent management software and possess skills in generating documents from similar databases. Proficient with current technology for performance of duties, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with evening and some weekend hours. Currently, the Phonathon campaign runs Sunday-Tuesday nights, 6pm – 9pm, during the Fall and Spring semesters. There are approximately ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks of calling in the Fall and Spring.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.