Job Posting - Sports Information Director
Sports Information Director
University Marketing and Communications
The Sports Information Director is responsible for all sports information and promotion of the university’s 23 NCAA Division III sports, including the entirety of electronic media and all other sports-related publications. In addition, all obligations to the conferences (i.e. MIAA) as well as to the NCAA must be fulfilled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Media link between all 23 athletic teams, appropriate media outlets, conferences (i.e. MIAA), NCAA, opponents and Trine community.
- Complete the timely update of the athletic department web site including but not limited to news, scores, statistics, photographs, biographies, schedules, contact information, and upcoming events.
- Accurate statistical record keeping at athletic events and providing for coaches and media at the appropriate time.
- Write and distribute post-game, pre-season outlook, season wrap-up, and recognition press releases to media outlets including hometown media outlets of Trine student/athletes.
- Coordinate the development of and/or assume responsibility for all athletic department publications, sport media events, and social media (i.e. media guides, game-day programs, brochures, press conferences, Facebook, Twitter.)
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing & Communications to strategize, implement, and accomplish a consistent and premier level of institutional, and Thunder athletic visibility.
- Oversee all game-day press box, program sales, ticket personnel and media/radio accommodations.
- Report statistical information and results to the conference office and NCAA if applicable.
- Maintain accurate individual and team historical records, results, rosters, statistics and assist coaches in identifying and promoting opportunities of recognition.
- Produce the Thunder Club newsletter (4 times yearly) and coordinate and create schedule cards.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.