Sports Information Specialist
Sports Information Specialist
The Sports Information Specialist is part of the team that is responsible for Trine sports information and promotion of the university’s 36 competitive teams (27 of which compete in NCAA Division III), including the entirety of electronic media and all other sports-related publications. In addition, the team has the responsibility for ensuring that all obligations to conferences (e.g. MIAA), the NCAA or any other national governing bodies are met.
In accordance with the needs of the various Trine University athletics teams, and to raise the profile of the entire university, the Sports Information Specialist will work under the direction of the Sports Information Director to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the coaching staff on the development of all athletic department publications including sport media events, and social media (i.e. media guides, game-day programs, brochures, press conferences, Facebook, Twitter.)
- Responsible for the creation of athletics-specific content and maintenance of essential and critical Sports Information assets that include printed publications, the Trine Thunder website and all Athletics social media and digital platforms.
- Provide photographic and video support and assistance based upon previous experience to further the university’s live stream and photographic goals.
- Coordinate with the Trine Broadcasting Network team to ensure the best quality possible video-live streams
- Responsible for maintaining accurate statistical data for individual and team historical records, results, rosters, statistics.
- Provide data analyst and metrics to assist coaches in identifying and promoting opportunities of recognition.
- Produce the Thunder Club newsletter on a quarterly bases showcasing Trine’s Athletics.
- Coordinate and create schedule cards for each of the university’s competitive teams
- Provide essential backup for game-day or other events when needed
- Other duties, as assigned as by the Sports Information Director, Assistant Director of Athletics and the Vice President for University Marketing & Communications.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- A thorough understanding of social media marketing and its value in a comprehensive digital strategy
- A keen interest in new technologies and trends
- Experience working with video-editing and photo management software
- Ability to think beyond traditional solutions and solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and the ability to adhere to formal style guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas with excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to promote the broader Trine University through effective athletics communications
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.