Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
The SQL Developer position is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of data integration processes, using Microsoft SSIS, SQL stored procedures, transact SQL, or other ETL/programming tools; maintaining custom web forms; and creating documentation. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures using T-SQL.
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration. Responsible for designing and developing integrations between and among applications.
- Troubleshoot production issues according to service level targets.
- Provide excellent customer service in all written and verbal communications.
- Work with University departments to identify ways to redefine and improve business processes.
- Identify innovative solutions that support the University mission.
- Identify and assist with implementation of application development best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Microsoft SSIS.
- Working knowledge of report writing.
- Works independently, but under general supervision by the IT Operations Manager and the Senior Programmer.
- Ability to manage projects, tickets and multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Higher Education IT experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.