Employee Type: Part-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
This position is responsible for general operating cash account, reporting and customer service.
Associates Degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile general operating bank account and monitor all aspects of direct loan disbursements (ZBA deposit bank, cash entry).
- Maintain the daily/weekly operating cash projection sheet.
- Process endowment transfers for staff accountant in charge of donation deposits.
- Process ACH cash entries thru A/P for vendor tracking.
- Prepare and enter prepaid, bond, and interest expense journal entries and post to the GL.
- Complete monthly investment account entry and update endowment earnings spreadsheet.
- Monthly allocation of postage, envelopes and letterhead.
- Record flex claims via entries in benefit cash account/ADP Flex website.
- Track bank, payroll and credit card fees in the effort to minimize expenses.
- Destroy 45 day old checks received for payment/donation.
- Verify daily cash/check deposit to bank.
- Monitor and review/reconcile payroll general ledger accounts (payroll payable, employee deductions, taxes, misc).
- Submit employee expense reimbursements to HR for processing and complete bi-weekly payroll posting to the GL.
- Invoice charter schools and Education One.
- Perform monthly review of new vendors added to ensure validity.
- Provide backup to accounts payable position.
- Golf Course Commissions.
- Assist with tracking of Tuition Benefit Forms.
- Assist with filing AP invoices.
- Provide backup for student accounts specialist.
- Annual audit duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.