Job Posting for a Staff Accountant
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
This position is responsible for general operating cash account, purchase orders, reporting and customer service.
Associates Degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile general operating bank account and monitor all aspects of direct loan disbursements (ZBA deposit bank, cash entry).
- Process endowment transfers for staff accountant in charge of donation deposits.
- Process ACH cash entries thru A/P for vendor tracking.
- Process Purchase Requisitions input by academic departments and maintain appropriate approval tracks in Jenzabar for POs.
- Be the liaison for academic budget buddies.
- Purchase Card Administrator (opens/closes accounts, adjust limits), process purchase card reports for academic departments; process American Express payment and file appropriate receipts.
- Annual closing of general ledger and opening of new fiscal year.
- Prepare and enter prepaid, bond, and interest expense journal entries and post to the GL.
- Complete monthly investment account entry and update endowment earnings spreadsheet.
- Monthly allocation of postage, envelopes and letterhead.
- Send positive pay file to the bank for each check run, post cash disbursements and maintain log of checks.
- Submit employee expense reimbursements to HR for processing and complete bi-weekly payroll posting to the GL.
- Record flex claims via entries in benefit cash account/ADP Flex website.
- Perform monthly closing of general ledger and provide monthly JE report to VP for approval.
- Track bank, payroll and credit card fees in the effort to minimize expenses.
- Destroy 45 day old checks received for payment/donation.
- Verify daily cash/check deposit to bank.
- Process utitlity exemption forms.
- Monitor and review/reconcile payroll general ledger accounts (payroll payable, employee deductions, taxes, misc).
- Invoice charter schools and Education One.
- Perform monthly review of new vendors added to ensure validity.
- Provide backup to accounts payable position.
- Annual audit duties.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.