Student Success Coach
Student Success Coach
The Student Success Coach will play a crucial role in supporting the academic and personal development of students, ensuring their success throughout their educational journey at Trine University. This position requires a dedicated and compassionate individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Student Success Coach will collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to provide guidance, resources, and assistance to enhance students' overall academic experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as mentor for at-risk students and assist advisors with at-risk student related issues.
- Organize and facilitate workshops, seminars, and informational sessions to promote student engagement and success of at-risk students.
- Collaborate with campus resources to connect students with support services.
- Connect students with academic resources, tutoring services, and career development opportunities.
- Intervene with students who are struggling with attendance related issues.
- Serve as a dedicated advocate for students, actively listening to their concerns and challenges.
- Assist students in navigating institutional policies and procedures, providing guidance and support.
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for students from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to different ethnicities, cultures, socio-economic statuses, genders, and abilities.
- Assist in day-to-day student support and retention efforts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree required; bachelor degree preferred.
- Education in counseling, psychology, or higher education.
- Experience with advising students, student affairs, counseling, or related experience.
- Experience in student advocacy or a related field.
- Knowledge of higher education policies, student affairs, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.