Student Accounts Specialist
Student Accounts Specialist
Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service for Trine University students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to all students (prospective and current, domestic and international, at all campuses), parents, faculty, and staff.
- Responsible for working the front desk - welcoming students, parents, faculty, and staff in an enthusiastic and professional manner and assisting them as needed.
- Respond to incoming calls and emails timely and professionally
- Coordinate with other departments on campus as needed to assist students and parents.
- Assist with collection of outstanding accounts receivable.
- Assist with clearance process for move-in, registration, etc.
- Post various transaction batches to students’ accounts, including: book vouchers, housing damages, dorm deposit refunds, online payments, financial aid batches, etc.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly invoicing of: Veteran’s Affairs, Vocational Rehab, Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission, Employer Assistance Programs, etc.
- Responsible for the tracking and invoicing of internal loan programs and payment plans.
- Work with staff accountants to monitor outstanding banking issues related to student accounts, including: stale refund checks, returned payments, international and domestic refunds, etc.
- Assist with on-campus events such as Orientation, Move-In Weekend, Senior Salute, etc.
- Initiate loan notification emails.
- Open and distribute mail; follow up on returned mail.
- Assist in printing and mailing of student account statements.
- Merge student account statements each month.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Accounts Manager and Senior Student Accounts Specialist.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree in accounting or other related field with one to two years of related experience. Previous experience with Jenzabar and Excel is preferred, but not required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.