Job Posting - System and Database Administrator
System and Database Administrator
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
The System and Database Administrator is responsible for the primary support and maintenance of all databases, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Servers and Office 365. The position also requires competencies in server hardware, Windows domains, server virtualization, SAN’s, IIS and server backup solutions. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, install, configure and update physical and virtual Windows/Linux based servers.
- Administer VMware vSphere and vCenter environments.
- Oversee design and support of Office 365, Exchange and Active Directory environments.
- Knowledge of Hyperconverged and UCS hardware infrastructure.
- Knowledge of DR/recovery tools such as Quest AppAssure or Veeam.
- Responsible for all Jenzabar, JICS, PowerFAIDs and support product upgrades.
- Responsible for weekly administrator duties including scheduled job validation, backup confirmation and monitoring available space on all database and web servers.
- Troubleshoot problems with web services, mail services, applications software, desktop/server relationship issues and overall aspects of a server environment.
- Assist Help Desk with client support as needed.
- Use help desk ticket system and document progress for work performed.
- Troubleshoot production issues according to service level targets.
- Provide excellent customer service in all written and verbal communications.
- Identify innovative solutions that support the University mission.
- Identify and assist with implementation of application development best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, Office 365, PowerShell, SQL
- Experience with database management, preferably, MSSQL environments
- Familiarity with project management concepts and proven ability to estimate work effort and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Higher Education IT experience desired
- Works independently, but under general supervision by the IT Operations Manager
- Pays great attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects, people and multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & all associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Systems Administration function or equivalent
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.