Transfer Admission Counselor / Coordinator of Dual Credit
This position has the responsibility of attracting and recruiting new transfer students to Trine University, and sharing equally, the coordination of specific dual credit recruitment-related programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a comprehensive, pre-professional, engineering and sciences education, a valid driver’s license, enthusiasm for and ability to do significant traveling, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar/EX, etc.), and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Transfer Admission Counselor 50%)
- This position reports directly to the Director of Transfer Admission. The position’s primary responsibility is to assume a key transfer student recruitment assignment including the administration of a detailed communication plan with transfer students, meeting with transfer students who visit campus both at individual visits and group visits (including Saturday events and a role in the Saturday office schedule), provide scholarship and financial aid guidance, occasional coverage of college fair programs, and assisting with transfer inquiry and applicant follow-up, etc.
- Annually, the admission counselor will assist the Director of Transfer Admissions in providing Dean with a comprehensive marketing plan to recruit new transfer students, which thoroughly analyzes and assesses Trine’s markets and concludes with the realistic and “stretch” goal projections.
- The Transfer Admission Counselor has a limited responsibility for assisting the department with traditional student recruitment as needed, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President & Dean of Admission.
(Dual Credit Coordinator 50%)
- This position works with high school administrators, teachers and student to implement the program’s strategic plans and recruit students for the Dual Enrollment program.
- This position will work within the local community to develop partnerships for the growth of the Dual Enrollment program, and be willing to travel extensively within the various regions of the state.
- This position will be responsible for scheduling an organizing registration days, and visit schools on those dates to assist students with the application process, present dual enrollment information, maintain student records and market Trine University for future application. In addition, this position will collect registration and agreement forms, and transcripts from counselors. At the end of the term, this position will be responsible for collecting grades and student evaluations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a graduate degree is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with previous admission, teaching or education experience working in secondary school setting or private higher education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.