To provide therapeutic counseling services to students. This position also provides sexual assault prevention, substance abuse education, along with health and wellness outreach services to the Trine Community. This position is a 12-month position and works year-round.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary focus of this position is the provision of direct clinical counseling services to students for a wide range of personal and academic issues such as adjustment, interpersonal relations, depression, anxiety, educational goals, social/behavioral adjustment, and victimization in sexual/physical assault. This includes initial assessments, referrals, case management, individual brief counseling, and group psychotherapy.
- Complete assessments, treatment plans, case notes, case management, case consultation, professional development, consultation and collaboration with faculty and staff in a timely and professional manner. Maintain up-to-date case files as defined by current professional standards.
- Develop intervention strategies, assist with behavior intervention plans to meet the needs of students seeking assistance.
- Participate in Behavior Intervention Team Meetings or other committees as needed
- Design and implement educational/wellness outreach services on topics such as substance abuse, sexual assault prevention, stress management and healthy lifestyles to campus groups as requested. Create and present in-service trainings as requested. Provide counsultations and training with residence life staff, coaches, staff and faculty as needed. Represent Counseling Services at campus events
- Provide crisis intervention services for ongoing as well as walk-in clients. Provide referrals for on-campus or community resources as needed.
- Advocate on behalf of student with various university entities. Adhere to ethical principles of the profession. Maintain continuing education requirements in accordance with up to date licensure and certifications.
- Facilitate wellness programs as requested for campus community including substance abuse education, suicide prevention, and various wellness educational or prevention activities as requested.
- Actively participate in student orientations, move-in weekends, convocations & NCAA meetings as needed
- Submit grant proposals and maintain records for student programming events as needed.
- Additional assignments and special projects may also be required depending on the needs of Counseling Services Department and student population. Evening and weekend work may be expected related to department processes and emergency/crisis response as needed.
Required skills/abilities include assessment and crisis intervention experience along with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Maintain discipline and organization to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate prioritization. Training/experience in treatment coordination or case management preferred. Knowledge of HIPAA, FERPA, and other related laws and policies preferred. Familiarity of psychiatric diagnoses and medications preferred. The ability to handle confidential information appropriately. Experience in delivering mental health presentations and consultations. Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
Education and/or Experience
Required qualifications include completion of a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work or related field from an accredited institution as well as a license or provisional license to provide counseling in Indiana. (LCSW, LMFT, or LMHC). Preferred qualifications include experience working with college aged students, excellent communication, leadership, decision-making skills and the ability to work autonomously in a team atmosphere.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.