Job Posting - Web Programmer Analyst
Web Programmer Analyst
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Angola, Indiana
The Web Programmer Analyst position is an entry level position that is responsible for the design and support of all web programming, SQL, Jenzabar and Administrative System’s supported software. This position will also be responsible for training and assigning duties to the programming work study position. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement and support administrative software systems including the Jenzabar ERP System.
- Responsible for training and job duties for the programming work study employee
- Design, develop and implement web programs utilizing EX Form Flow, ColdFusion, Izenda, and ASP.NET programming standards.
- Develop Web enabled solutions that provide presentation and reporting of information and the collection of data relevant to the administrative processes of the University.
- Troubleshoot production issues according to service level targets.
- Provide excellent customer service in all written and verbal communications.
- Work with University departments to identify ways to redefine and improve business processes.
- Identify innovative solutions that support the University mission.
- Identify and assist with implementation of application development best practices.
- Provide support for the Web content management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job and Skill Requirements:
- Web design and development experience
- Strong knowledge of MSSQL and Server Management Studio, stored procedures, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Dreamweaver, Java, ASP.Net, C# and ColdFusion Programming
- Working knowledge of Infomaker, Izenda or similar report writer
- Willingness to learn or has previous experience with ASP.Net framework (C# knowledge preferred) and solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming, HTML5, CSS3 and APIs.
- Experience with IIS/Server Configurations
- Experience with a higher education ERP application, especially Jenzabar EX
- Experience supporting a Web content management system
- Familiarity with project management concepts and proven ability to estimate work effort and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Higher Education IT experience desired
- Works independently, but under general supervision by the IT Operations Manager and the Senior Programmer Analyst
- Pays great attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects, people and multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & all associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude
Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.