2018 Innovation One Challenge
Rewarding the best and brightest business and technology ideas in the region
Innovation One and Fifth Third Bank invite regional residents to participate in the Innovation Challenge presented by Fifth Third Bank. The challenge is open to all regional community members in the greater tri-state area, including all high school and college students, faculty and staff.
Business and Technology
1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,000
3rd - $500
Innovation Challenge Timeline
now - March 16
You can apply and submit your projects anytime during this date range. --2018 Registration is closed--
March 19 - March 29
Innovation Challenge staff and judges will review all applications and select the finalist in each category.
The finalists will be contacted.
April 17 and April 19
Finalist will present their ideas to the judging panel
The Innovation Challenge Expo will be held and awards presented for each category. Each Innovation Challenge Finalist project will be on display.
Expo is open to the public and will be held in the University Center from 2:30-4:30pm.
Congratulations to our 2018 Innovation Challenge Winners!
|1st||Jeffrey Bowman & Lucas Hochstetler||Corn Club|
|2nd||Lucas Radice||Lax Strong|
|3rd||Peyton Schrock||Mobile Butchering|
|1st||Andrew Walters||A6 Donut|
|2nd||Angel Morrow||Nickel Free Belt Buckle|
|3rd||Bernard Woon||Tuba Mouthpiece|
Best Community Submission
Shannon Tew ~ Community Health Intervention Program
Best High School Submission
Alexander Sharpe~ Motions and Music
Innovation Challenge Application
Summary of Selected Rules
The clarity and descriptiveness of each submission will make a difference and enhance chances of becoming a finalist.
- No entries involving tobacco, firearms or drugs.
- Nothing that is deemed dangerous or of questionable ethics by the committee will be allowed.
- Entries can be individual or team.
- Grand prize winners are not eligible for other awards.
- Top 10 Business and Top 10 Technology projects will give a 20-minute presentation to the Judging Committee.
- Any material needed to present is allowed, including working prototypes, diagrams, etc.
- Committee has the right to disqualify entries.
- One entry per individual or team.
- Decision of Judging Committee is final.
- Project submissions will be accepted through March 16, 2018.
- Competition Expo will be Friday, April 20, 2018 with winners being announced after.
- Intellectual property rights will be retained by owner of the idea/project.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.