6 Trine students receive APAI scholarships
Six Trine University civil engineering majors have won $13,500 in scholarships from the Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana (APAI).
Scholarship winners, who will be recognized at the organization’s winter conference Dec. 19-21 in Indianapolis, were:
- Taylor Eash, a senior from Shipshewana, Indiana;
- Jonathan Anderson, a senior from LaGrange, Indiana;
- Calvin Rizzo, a junior from Fishers, Indiana;
- Robert Morehouse, a junior from Mentone, Indiana;
- Alex Duran, a junior from Van Buren, Ohio; and
- Derek Miller, a junior from Shipshewana, Indiana.
Since 2012, APAI has conducted a fundraiser in conjunction with Trine University’s Civil Engineering Golf Outing, with all the money raised by APAI providing scholarships for Trine civil engineering students. Funding also comes from “Shooting for Scholarships” sporting clay fundraisers that APAI holds each April and September.