Trine helps families, nonprofits for the holidays
Trine University staff members delivered Christmas trees and toys to nonprofit organizations and families throughout the area on Wednesday, Dec. 18.
Faculty and staff donated 100 toys during a toy drive the first week of December. Those toys were donated to Toys for Tots of Steuben and DeKalb County.
Academic departments, staff, student organizations and athletic teams decorated more than 50 Christmas trees that were delivered to local nonprofits and under-resourced families in the community. Trees were distributed as follows:
- Six trees to Pleasant Lake Mennonite Church in Pleasant Lake, Indiana
- Four trees to The Blessings Barn in Coldwater, Michigan
- 10 trees to the St. Vincent DePaul Society at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church in Angola, Indiana
- Three trees directly to under-resourced families in Angola, Indiana
- 32 trees to Project Help of Steuben County
Photo: Chuck Stommel, event coordinator/audio visual assistant, unloads a tree. (Photos by Jennifer LaRose)