Students enjoy chance to relax on We Care Day
Last Updated: 02/11/2021
Trine University held its first We Care Day of the spring semester on Feb. 9, giving students the day off classes and providing fun activities around campus.
- Students enjoyed free doughnuts, pizza coupons, muffins, coffee, popcorn, frozen colas, and chocolate covered pretzels and raisins that were handed out at various times throughout the day. About 160 commuter students enjoyed free lunch and dinner in the Whitney Commons Café.
- About 20 students took advantage of the recent cold, snowy weather to go sledding and snowboarding down the hill near the Kappa Sigma fraternity house.
- About 40 students enjoyed ice skating in the Thunder Ice Arena.
- The MTI Center bowling alley was at full capacity as students bowled throughout the day. Students also played basketball throughout the day in the West Gym at Hershey Hall.
- Students played board games and cornhole all day in the University Center mall. The university also refreshed pool and ping pong table supplies in the residence halls.
- A total of 55 students, faculty and staff participated in a virtual Pixar Trivia contest. Students have requested more trivia events in the future.
- Nearly 300 students collected supplies to make their own stuffed animals.
- Twenty students received parking ticket amnesty by donating pet supplies that were given to the Community Humane Shelter of Steuben County.
- Students signed up for all the available opportunities to receive a free massage. Another 10 students participated in a free yoga session.
- Students who were in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 received links to free virtual activities for the day. They also received pizzas along with their regular dinner.
The next We Care Day is scheduled for March 10.