Salary figures for recent graduates from Trine University’s Allen School of Engineering and Computing (ASEC) show they make above the national average in several fields that already pay among the best in the nation.
Trine contributes more than 6,000 pounds of food to U Can Crush Hunger
November 16, 2022
FORT WAYNE — Community Harvest Food Bank’s 8th Annual U Can Crush Hunger Campaign final results are in! Trine University brought in more than 6,000 pounds of food, part of efforts that raised an incredible 106,928 pounds to fight hunger this holiday season.
The winner of the 2022 U Can Crush Hunger competition is the University of Saint Francis with 34,085 total pounds raised through monetary and food donations! Trine finished sixth among the schools participating.
The final pounds are as follows:
- First Place: University of Saint Francis with 34,085 pounds
- Second Place: Manchester University with 19,451 pounds
- Third Place: Purdue University Fort Wayne with 18,454 pounds
- Fourth Place: Huntington University with 13,703 pounds
- Fifth Place: Indiana Tech with 9,345 pounds
- Sixth Place: Trine University with 6,308 pounds
- Seventh Place: Indiana University Fort Wayne with 3,482 pounds
- Eighth Place: Ivy Tech with 2,101 pounds
About Community Harvest Food Bank
Established in 1983, Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana, Inc. feeds 21,100 people every week. Last year, CHFB distributed over 13 million pounds of food to over 91,500 unique individuals. Adam Smith serves as Board Chair and Carmen Cumberland serves as President and CEO. Community Harvest is one of 200 Feeding America member food banks in the United States, and one of 11 regional members of Feeding Indiana’s Hungry. Community Harvest feeds hungry people in the nine counties of northeast Indiana. For more information, please visit www.chfb.org.
The newest episode of Trine University’s Center for Sports Studies podcast welcomes Jim Shovlin, veteran public address announcer and host of the Talkin’ Sports show on 1380-AM The Fan in Fort Wayne.
For the first time in many years, Trine University will hold a fall Commencement ceremony.