The newest episode of Trine University’s Center for Sports Studies podcast welcomes Jim Shovlin, veteran public address announcer and host of the Talkin’ Sports show on 1380-AM The Fan in Fort Wayne.
Trine University Theatre announces cast, crew for ‘Dracula’
October 13, 2022
Trine University Theatre has announced the cast and crew for its upcoming production of Dracula.
The play will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11, and 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, in the T. Furth Center for the Performing Arts. The play is a free CHAT credit event for Trine students; tickets are $10 each for the general public, $5 for students 12-18.
Written in 1897, Bram Stoker’s classic novel has inspired many stories, movies and shows. The Trine students will perform an adaptation completed by Steven Dietz in 1996.
Lou Ann Homan, Trine lecturer, is serving as director and intends to use a darker storyline regarding Dracula’s journey across Europe instead of comedic tones. She is assisted by stage manager Jacob McNeal and Kelsey Flowers, assistant to the director.
A full cast list follows.
The Trine Theatre program is part of the university’s Department of Humanities and Communication. Any student, staff, faculty or community member is welcome to participate.
- Sean Carpenter, a junior from Fort Wayne, Indiana, majoring in mechanical engineering, ensemble
- Caden Daffron, a sophomore from Granger, Indiana, majoring in computer engineering, ensemble
- Anna Dressler, a junior from Fort Wayne, Indiana, majoring in design engineering technology, understudy for Lucy and ensemble
- Dominic Garner, a freshman from Waterloo, Indiana, majoring in computer science and information technology, as Seward
- Benton Knox, a sophomore from Indianapolis majoring in mechanical engineering, as Harker
- Chantale Leavell, a senior from Gary, Indiana, majoring in biochemistry, as Mina
- Muriel Mackie, a sophomore from Hillsdale, Michigan, majoring in marketing, as Dracula
- Andrea Mendoza, a sophomore from LaGrange, Indiana, majoring in biomedical engineering, as the Maid, understudy for Mina and ensemble
- Ethan Merkle, a freshman from Muncie, Indiana, majoring in computer science and information technology, as the understudy for Dracula and ensemble
- Amelia Mills, a senior from Indianapolis majoring in English, as Renfield
- Annalise O’Daniel, a freshman from Indianapolis majoring in civil engineering, as Lucy
- Aidan Smith, a junior from Connersville, Indiana, majoring in mechanical engineering, as Van Helsing
- Parker Tillmon, a senior from Sturgis, Michigan, majoring in forensic science, ensemble
For the first time in many years, Trine University will hold a fall Commencement ceremony.
Tickets are on sale beginning Friday, Dec. 15, for a May 31 concert by acclaimed Eagles tribute band Hotel California “A Salute to the Eagles” at Trine University’s T. Furth Center for Performing Arts.