Register for Classes
Main Campus Summer and Fall 2021 Class Registration
|Senior||Students with 90+ earned credit hours||March 15 (Monday at 7:30 a.m.)|
|Junior||Student with 60-89 earned credit hours||March 17 (Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.)|
|Sophomore||Students with 29-59 earned credit hours||March 22 (Monday at 7:30 a.m.)|
|Freshman||Students with 0-28 earned credit hours||March 25 (Thursday at 7:30 a.m.)|
|Non-degree & others||Dual Enrollment High School Students Non-degree seeking students||
March 30 (Tuesday)
Contact Dual Enrollment for High School Students or complete an application for Non-degree seeking students
|TrineOnline/Graduate, and CHP||TrineOnline/Graduate
College of Health Professions
|You will receive information
from your advisor
Online Registration remains open until Wednesday, March 31, at 5 p.m.
Questions about Main Campus registration? Explore the links in the expandable menu below. If you have questions after reviewing this information, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Students are required to complete academic advising with their assigned academic advisor prior to registration each semester. Students may register with their advisor or online through MyPortal with advisor clearance.
Not sure who your assigned academic advisor is? Log into the MyPortal, click on Student, then Registration and Advising, and view advising details under Academic Information. If your degree information listed is not correct, please let your advisor know.
Once you have met with your academic advisor, there are two options for registering for classes. Your advisor may choose to register the courses for you, or your advisor may grant you clearance to register yourself on MyPortal. Please use the instructions below for self-registration.
- Log on to MyPortal.
- Click on the “Student” tab.
- Click on the “Registration and Advising” link on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Register Online” link on the left side of the screen.
- Select the correct semester you are registering for in the drop down box. Example: Summer Semester 2020-2021 or Fall Semester 2021-2022.
- We suggest you search by division (undergraduate) and department. Use the drop-down box to select the appropriate course department such as “Accounting” or “English”. Then click "Search".
- Once you have found a course in which you want to enroll, select the ‘add’ check box to the left of the course, and click the “Add Courses” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- To continue selecting courses in the same semester, repeat the selection process and click "Search".
- If you need to drop a course you’ve selected, you may do so at the My Schedule (Registered) portion of the screen. Click the check box under the Drop column next to the course you wish to drop. Then click “Drop Selected Courses”.
- Once you have selected all your classes and verify your course selection, log out of MyPortal.
- A “Registration Hold” is preventing you from registering. Please contact the Business Office.
- The “Add Courses” button does not show. A message will appear below the semester drop-down box, either your advisor did not grant you online registration clearance OR your registration period has not opened yet. Check the registration day and time (current class year based on credits already earned, not including the current semester).
- A course is full. Add yourself to the wait list, if ou are registering during Early Registration. Wait lists let Department Chairs know the need for a course. Wait lists are not used after Early Registration (first 2 weeks of registration). Department Chairs do reserve the right to make changes to courses, including but not limited to, rosters, instructors, day and time, and cancellations. Please check your schedule in MyPortal for changes.
- A time conflict is preventing you from registering online for a class. Register for the rest of your courses. Submit a registration form to the Registrar’s Office signed by your advisor and the Department Chair who is offering the course with the time conflict.
- A missing prerequisite is preventing you from registering online for a class. Register for the rest of your courses. Verify the course and missing prerequisite with your advisor, as you may need to register for a different course. Submit a registration form to the Registrar’s Office signed by your advisor and the Department Chair who is offering the course with the missing prerequisite.
- You are not able to register online for more than 18 credit hours. Register for the rest of your courses. Submit a registration form to the Registrar’s Office signed by your Department Chair, along with the Business Office and Financial Aid. If you are registering for 21-22 credit hours, your academic dean must also sign the form.
- Any issues that prevent you from registering for your courses online please stop by the Registrar’s Office.
For general questions about registering, call 260.665.4240 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
It is very important for students' success that course prerequisites and corequisites are met. Prerequisites and corequisites will be checked during online registration. Online registration will not allow students to register with missing prerequisites or corequisites.
If you are missing a course prerequisite or corequisite, prior to registering for the course you must obtain written permission from the chair of the department offering the course. You will need to register in person at the Registrar's Office for the course for which you are receiving special written permission.
Prerequisite and corequisite information is available in the 'Course Description' section of the online catalog.
Time conflicts between courses will be checked during online registration. Online registration will not allow students to register for the course with schedule conflicts.
If you have a time conflict in your schedule, prior to registering for the conflicting course, you must obtain written permission from the chair of the department who will be making the time adjustments. You will need to register in person at the Registrar's Office for the course for which you are receiving special written permission.
Before adding yourself to a wait list, you will want to check if there are other sections of the same course available that will fit your schedule. If placed on a wait list, you are not considered to be registered for that course.
Wait lists are created during Early Registration (the first 2 weeks registration opens). This allows academic chairs to assess the need for adjusting class sizes or creating sections. If you are added into a class you were wait listed for, it will be on your schedule. If the class is not on your schedule when drop/add for the semester begins you did not get into the class, and you may need to see your advisor about adding a different course.
Wait lists are not used after Early Registration closes.
The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed and enrollment warrants. Because course information may change between registration and the first day of classes, students should check their schedule online periodically, including just prior to the start of classes.
Eligible humanities and social science courses can be found in the catalog under General Education Requirements, Humanities and Social Science Grid.
When planning a course schedule, students will have access to view and plan courses with any section code. However, students should only plan for courses with sections that coordinate with their location (main or online) and division.
|Course Section||Name||Faculty||Seats Open||Status||Schedules||Credits||Begin Date||End Date|
|AC 203 01||Accounting I||Staff||0/25||Open||MWF 10:00 AM-10:50 AM: Main Campus, Ford Hall, 109||3.00||8/23/2021||12/18/2021|
Students can find a customized list of textbooks and course materials for their course at txbk.info/trine. Enter your Student ID number, and you will be presented with a list you can print, email, or view on your device. You can also follow a link to the Bookstore's website, trineshop.com, if you wish to order from there.
Information presented through these websites reflect what the departments and instructors have communicated to the Bookstore. If course information is missing, you may sign up for an email alert when your section is updated. Visit the course listing on trineshop.com to sign up.
Opens in new windowa try.
Looking for information regarding your schedules, grades, student account information, and other useful data? Use myPortal's student tabOpens in new window to access this information as well as review your student account, pay online, and more.