BS in Elementary Education
Graduates employed last 7 yrs.
Average major class size
Clinical hours during program
Change student lives with an elementary education degree
You’ve had teachers who have made a positive impact on your life. The Bachelor of Science with a major in elementary education at Trine University will prepare you to be the teacher who changes children’s lives.
The degree: Education based on how children learn
The Bachelor of Science with a major in elementary education program at Trine University focuses on scientifically based instruction and the application of theories on how children in grades K-6 learn best. The program prepares you to design and implement classroom learning through innovative, research-based strategies, including project-based learning, STEM initiatives and the latest educational technology.
Most education majors can earn more than one area of licensure within their four-year program, and elementary education majors have the opportunity to earn certifications in areas such as Google Classroom and Project Lead the Way.
Trine University offers a dual special education licensure program for preschool through 12th grade, allowing you to add special education mild intervention licensure within your four-year degree program at Trine. If you are interested in pursuing special education licensure, please talk to your faculty advisor.
The experience: Extensive time in the classroom
Like all Franks School of Education programs, extensive field experiences in diverse school settings are required beginning in the first year of coursework. You will spend more than 1,000 hours in clinical settings prior to graduation. The Bachelor of Science with a major in elementary education program is grounded in state and national standards in order to help you prepare your future students with 21st century skills.
Teaching in completely redesigned campus classrooms, our passionate, student-centered faculty come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, all related to classroom teaching, advanced research and preparing future teachers. Our academically rigorous teacher education program focuses on:
- Student-centered instruction in a safe learning environment
- Evidence-based instructional strategies
- Classroom management techniques
- Innovative integration of classroom technology
The result: Be prepared for your teaching career
Graduates from the Franks School of Education have demonstrated high levels of success, including:
- 100 percent of recently surveyed principals indicated the Franks School of Education provided teacher training that was relevant, effective, and improved P-12 student learning.
- 100 percent of recently surveyed graduates indicated the Franks School of Education provided teacher training that was relevant, effective, and improved P-12 student learning.
- 100 percent of graduates shared they would recommend others coming to Trine University to become a teacher.